She just turned 2 and is such a big girl now - I can hardly believe it! When you're expecting or are a brand new parent, you're constantly being told "enjoy every second...it goes so fast!". You think "yeah RIGHT - I will never sleep again...ever!" But it's true. It goes fast and I'm glad I savoured all the good and the bad moments of her being tiny. Cause now she's over 3 feet tall and is definitely not my little baby any more!
Anyways...we've had a LOT of changes since I last posted. A lot. But I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning to get into all that so I thought, it being almost Christmas, I'd tell you a few of my favourite things of this season. And then I promise I'll catch you up on what's been going on in the K household in the last few months. Promise!
What I love about the Christmas Season...
- Spending time with family (I'm missing my family so much this Christmas!)
- Christmas Trees - REAL ones...can't beat that smell!
- Gingerbread anything
- My mother-in-law's incredible homemade Christmas cookies
- Watching The Grinch and Rudolph The Rednosed Reindeer on repeat with C
- Mulled Wine (best recipe ever)
- My sibling's homemade egg nog (think you guys could FedEx me some?!)
- Hanging the stockings
- A roast turkey with all the trimmings on Christmas day
- The Red Cups from you-know-where (yes...I'm a sucker)
- My brother JJ's amazing Christmas breakfast
- Christmas music....naturally
- Mince pies - I ordered some 'specially
- The Marks & Spencer food hall :)
- Leaving mince pies and a glass of sherry out for Santa (we Irish don't mess around) ;)
- White Christmas (the movie)...on repeat
- Crying (again) at It's A Wonderful Life
- Actually, (almost) any Christmas movie
- Bundling up with a coat, scarf, hat and gloves for a walk on a crisp winter day
- A white Christmas...or at least just dreaming of one
- The Nutcracker
- A Christmas Carol - the end is just the best!
- Reading 'Twas The Night Before Christmas
- Snuggling up in front of my parent's fire. Missing that!
I know this is a loooong list but what are your favourite things about Christmas? I'd love to konw!
I doubt I'll be organised enough to blog again before the 25th, so let me take this time to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas - I'm hoping that your days are merry and bright (and may all your Christmases be white).