Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Vera Wang for.....Davids Bridal?

Seriously.  That is not a typo.  It's true it's true!  The queen of bridal gowns has created an absolutely BEAUTIFUL collection of gowns for David's Bridal (for a mere fraction of the regular price), which means that her amazingly beautiful gowns are finally attainable for - well - pretty much everyone!

Seriously, as a bride who spent MONTHS looking for her gown - honestly, I must have tried on 500 dresses - a teensy weensy part of me is jealous that this collection was not around five years ago when I skipped down the aisle.  I mean I tried on a few Vera Wangs, but honestly, as money wasn't coming out of my ears and I was planning a trans-Atlantic wedding, I could not justify spending that much money on a dress I wore for one day.  My dress is folded up in a box in my parents home and I really have no regrets that I didn't spend $10K+ on my gown.  I would say that labels really aren't the be-all-and-end-all of the dress, but then again that might negate this entire post.  :)  I will say, though, that it should be the dress and not the label that makes you hand over the plastic and say "I Do" to that gown.  By the looks of these dresses, however, it might be hard to turn them down.  Just see for yourself (Freck, of course I can't help but think of you!):

One shouldered, ridiculously feminine - what's not to love about that?


Frothy, ballerina/princess perfection: 

Exuding elegance (and reminding me an awful lot of this YSL number that Kate wore back in '09)


 Love the layered pleating:

Again, the draping and softness of the layers is so feminine and beautiful:

The modern princess dress:
 


This Grace Kelly-esqe gown is absolutely beautiful (ginormous bow is - thankfully- an optional accessory).  The lace is so beautiful and delicate, it's a look I adore.  There's nothing as elegant, sexy and beautiful as a sheer neckline, and lace only makes it better!


If you love lace but want to lose the look for the reception, you'll be glad to know that the lace top is completely removable, but you'll still look totally gorgeous:

This bodice is beautifully detailed and the shape is perfect:


 Love this '30s inspired gown (again, humungo bow is optional):

She has all kinds of accessories and veils, too.  I'm sure a line of VW Maids gowns will follow.  What do you think - you likey or no?

Ahh....I'm already planning P & my second marriage (to each other, natch).  ;)

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. I am IN LOVE! I never thought a dress like the "Grace Kelly" one would be my cup of tea but it is my favorite -- and agreed without the bow please! And I totally hate princess ballroom gowns for the most part but Wow, my second fav is your "frothy" choice. Seriously I am sold on dresses that I never thought I would like -- goes to show you how amazingly talented and appealing Vera's eye for beauty is! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you for the shout-out! I love these dresses, especially the one with the removable lace. How elegant yet functional!

    ReplyDelete