Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Royal Wedding

Well it FINALLY happened.  He proposed.  After eight years.  Eight very long years, if you happen to be Kate Middleton, I'd imagine.

I thought they looked very happy and very much in love.  And she looked gorgeous:
I love that dress - the navy is perfect: classic, elegant, and NOT black!  And her hair...beautiful!

As I'm sure everyone in the world knows by now, Prince William gave her his mother's engagement ring.  I'm sure that was very emotional for him and very special for them both.


If you thought Chelsea and Mark's wedding was a media circus, brace yourselves for Royal Wedding 2011.  The Brits have been preparing for this for the last 8 years, as evidenced here: 
Yikes!

People will be sleeping in the streets the night before the big day just to catch a glimpse of the bride and groom.  I'll be happily sitting in front of my TV and the only thing I'll really be concerned with, of course, is what she is wearing!

Will she echo her mother-in-law...


...with a classic princess dress with long train?  (Let's hope not!).  Or will she pick something more modern?

Here are some gowns that I think are fit for a princess.

Dresses for a modern day princess (with train, natch):
 Alita Graham for Kleinfeld
 Ellie Saab for Pronovias

Will she harken the Queens of old with an ornate, royal-inspired gown (all Reem Acra):



She might fall in love with an ethereal and delicate gown with this season's tulle covered skirts and feminine accents:
 Angel Sanchez
 Monique Lhuillier
 Reem Acra
 Vera Wang
Vera Wang

Or will she choose more orante details?
 Badgley Mischka
Lela Rose
Ramona Keveza
Oscar de la Renta

Maybe a more simplistic silhouette:
Oscar de la Renta 
Sassi Holford
Jenny Packham
Oscar de la Renta

Will she pick the popular white/cream dress with black sash?
Vera Wang
Vera Wang
White House Black Market (who knew?!)

Or will she shock us all with the season's trend of non-white or cream wedding dresses?
Vera Wang
Vera Wang
Vera Wang
Oscar de la Renta

Or, heavens forbid, a short dress!
 Oscar de la Renta
Oscar de la Renta

She might follow in the footsteps of the great American princess, Grace Kelly:

 
Monique Lhuillier
Oscar de la Renta
Whatever she chooses to wear, I know she will look beautiful and definitely fit for a princess.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a really nice story amongst all the doom and gloom in the news headlines these days! Kate looks like a really nice, level headed girl and she is beautiful and classy. I also really want to dress she wore at their engagement announcement! I think she will make the right choice when it comes to a wedding dress but if was going to predict I would say she will go for something very classic and suitably ornate....it will be exciting to see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree :) She'll do classic. What's wrong with beautiful lacy sleeves anyway? Less clothes does not mean "pretty" :)

    ReplyDelete